Life can be pretty busy and stressful making maintaining a positive attitude and mood quite challenging at times. Life today is very fast paced and chances are you find yourself needing to manage multi-tasks all at once making life especially stressful. This often leads to us experiencing negative moods like discouragement, frustration and sheer exhaustion. So is there anything you can do for a natural mood makeover that fits into your natural lifestyle?
Just as when we are in a good mood we have a sense of happiness, motivation and well-being, when in a bad mood it can lead to negative feelings that over time will have an overall negative affect on our health and wellness. That in turn will have a negative impact on our entire life.
Learning to manage those negative feelings is an important first step to improving health. One way we encourage our clients who come to us for Life, Health & Nutrition Coaching to do this is by incorporating essential oils into their lives. doTERRA’s essential oils are very powerful and when it comes to managing moods, essential oils can help to restore emotional balance and improve your overall attitude in any situation and give you a natural mood makeover.
Boost Your Mood Naturally
- Get a good night’s rest. Even as adults, we really need 8-10 hours of quality sleep. How often do you get this kind of sleep?
- Exercise regularly.
- Choose healthier food options. Reach for whole and fresh foods that are organic.
- Set attainable goals for yourself. Start with something small. Savor the moment when you reach each goal.
- Take some time for yourself every day. Even 10 minutes to sit quietly and meditate.
- Think of ways to express gratitude every day. Lots of good things happen everyday. It is usually the negative things that tend to become our focus. During those quiet moments for yourself, try to recall 5 things that happened throughout your day to be grateful for.
- Positive thinking.
- Do something nice for someone else. It always helps to take the focus off of your own problems and helping others is a great way to do that.
- Enjoy & incorporate doTERRA’s essential oils into your life daily.
- Get out in the sunshine every day. A cup of tea out on your porch with the warm morning sun shining on your face is going to give you a fresh attitude to start your day. Make time for it.
Here are some ways we suggest to help you manage your moods throughout the day in a naturally healthy way:
- Geranium: To calm the nerves, diffuse it aromatically.
- Cedarwood: After a stressful day diffuse to relax the mind and body.
- Serenity: Apply topically to the inside of wrists and behind the ears or diffuse to promote relaxation and peace.
- Arborvitae: Diffuse during the night, or apply to forehead, shoulders or on your chest to lessen stress and tension.
- Patchouli: To calm emotions apply to the temples or to the bottoms of the feet.
- Ylang Ylang: My personal favorite. A few drops added to an Epsom salt bath when feeling anxious and in need of relaxation.
- AromaTouch: Add to an Epson salt bath or dilute with a carrier oil for massage.
- Frankincense: To relax and balance mood swings, apply to the bottoms of your feet.
- Roman Chamomile: To soothe the body and calm the mind, add 1-2 drops to an herbal tea.
- Vetiver: Another personal favorite. To amplify the calming effects of other essential oils like Lavender, Serenity Blend or Balance blend, use topically, layered over other essential oils. It may be diffused alone or blended with an oil such as Wild Orange.
Lack of Focus or Feeling Restless
- Rosemary: To reduce tension, stress and fatigue, apply topically or diffuse.
- Lavender: Soak away stress by adding to bath water or apply to temples and the back of the neck to ease tension.
- Balance Blend: Apply to inside of wrists and back of neck to calm nerves.
- doTERRA InTune: Enhance focus and concentration by applying to temples and back of neck when feeling tired in the afternoon.
- Clary Sage: Apply to inside of wrists or on the bottoms of the feet to balance hormones.
- Bergamot: During periods of high stress levels at work diffuse or in a classroom during testing.
No Motivation or Feeling Tired
- Grapefruit/Lemon/Lime: Dab a little right under the nose to sharpen focus while studying or reading.
- Citrus Blend: Apply a little to wrists as an uplifting perfume everyday.
- Peppermint: Apply a drop to the palms, avoiding finger tips (don’t want it accidentally in the eyes) and inhale deeply for a quick pick me up.
- Wild Orange: The mind and body will be energized by placing a drop each of Wild Orange, Peppermint and Frankincense in the palm of your hand, rub palms together and inhale deeply.
Sad and Discouraged
- Sandalwood: Apply to the neck at bedtime for a restful night sleep or use it during your mediation as you ponder what you are grateful for.
- Elevation Blend: Start the day by diffusing in the morning for a positive and uplifting mood.
Feeling Down and Blue
- Myrrh: To promote awareness and uplift your mood, diffuse.
Mood Enhancing Blends to Diffuse
- 3 drops Vetiver
- 3 drops Lavender
- 3 drops Sandalwood
- 2 drops Ylang Ylang
- 3 drops Patchouli
- 2 drops White Fur
- 2 drops Lavender
- 5 drops Frankincense
- 2 drops Pepperrmint
- 5 drops Wild Orange
- 5 drops Lemon
Make your own topical blends by adding any essential oils to a base of Fractionated Coconut Oils in a roller bottle.
Negative moods such as feeling stressed, anxious, frustrated, discouraged and just down right fatigued are part of our every day life. How we cope and manage these moods will make all the difference in how the rest of our day will go.
DSHEA Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure, or prevent any disease.
If you would like help in making healthy choices as you adopt your new healthy lifestyle, please fill out the contact info below.
You may find this helpful too:
Current average ratings.