These are some of our top 100 Essential Oil Uses
doTERRA Essential Oils Around the House
- All Around Household Cleaner – Combine 3 drops of lemon oil and 3 drops tea tree oil with water in a spray bottle and spray surfaces to clean and refresh naturally.
- Remove Grease From Fabric or Carpet – A small amount of Lemon oil on article and rub gently until stain is removed.
- Laundry – 10-20 drops of your favorite essential oil added to each load. Lemon is great and its very inexpensive.
- Grimy Pans – For those pans that get stuck on burnt stuff, add Lemon oil to water being boiled in the pan.
- Shower Curtains – The inside of a shower curtain can be horrifying. Combine 4 drops of Eucalyptus with 4 drops of Melaleuca with water and spray on shower curtain naturally clean up mold.
- Air Freshener – Diffuse any of your favorite essential oils. These can easily be tailored for any occasion.
- Ants – Combine a few drops of Peppermint essential oil in a small spray bottle filled with water. Spray as needed, paying particular attention to entry points. Ants really dislike Peppermint and it is safe to spray all over your kitchen counter tops.
- Mosquito Repellent – Combine Lemongrass, Citronella and Eucalyptus diluted in fractionated coconut oil. Apply as needed to the skin. Safe and non-toxic.
- Extra Smelly Clothes – Add a few drops of Lemon and Melaleuca to your laundry load, use very hot water. The essential oil blend Purify works really nicely for the laundry too.
- Breathe Easier – Combine equal parts Peppermint, Lemon & Lavender in capsule or add to a small amount of water and ingest. Swish around in mouth before swallowing or if you prefer, you can spit it out. Follow package directions when consuming.
- Carpet Freshener – Mix 20 drops of your favorite essential oils with 1 cup of Borax and sprinkle on your carpet, let sit for a few minutes and then vacuum up.
- All-purpose kitchen and bath scrub – Mix 5-10 drops of Lemon or Lime essential oil with 1/2 cup baking soda. Sprinkle on surface and wipe to remove grime, rinse clean. Completely non-toxic.
- Trash Can Odors – Add a cotton ball with a few drops of your favorite essential oil to the bottom of your trash can or re-purpose a stick-able air freshener attached to the lid of the kitchen trash can with your cotton ball inside.
- Clean Produce – Rinse fruits and veggies in 2-4 drops of Lemon oil and fresh water bath.
- Refrigerator Odors – To 1 cup baking soda add 10 drops of Lemon or Lime oils. Place in a small bowl and set on shelf in refrigerator.
- Paint – Add Peppermint and Eucalyptus to help clear the air of paint fumes
- Bathroom Freshener – A few drops of your favorite essential oil on a cotton ball behind the toilet.
- Furniture Polish – Add a few drops of Lemon oil to olive oil and polish your furniture with it. Brings back a beautiful luster.
- Smelly Shoes – Put a couple drops each of Melaleuca and Lemon on a cotton ball and set inside of shoe when not wearing.
- In the Dishwasher – A couple of drops of Lemon oil will help keep spots away.
- Pet Soiled Carpet – Clean spot thoroughly, let air dry. Mix 1 cup baking soda and Purifying blend. Apply to location and let sit for 2-3 hours, repeat if necessary.
- Clean Grease Off Hands – Add a drop of Lemon oil to your hand and wash with soap as usual. Lemon is an excellent degreaser.
- Spiders – Mix a few drops of Peppermint in a small water bottle full of water & spray around spiders. Just like ants, they hate it.
- Relax While Doing Dishes – Add a few drops of Lavender essential oil to your non toxic dish soap for a relaxing way to finish up the day as you do the evening dishes.
- Laundry Dryer Sheets – Apply 15-20 drops of your favorite essential oil aroma to a clean washcloth or dryer balls. Toss into the dryer. Oils that are wonderful for this purpose are Lavender, Wild Orange, Citrus Bliss, Geranium or any combination you can dream up.
- Clean & Prolong Shelf Life of Fruits & Veggies – Fill the sink with cold water, add 10 drops of Lemon oil. Wash produce and let dry.
Cooking with Essential Oils
- Peppermint Brownies – Add just 2-3 drops of Peppermint oil to brownie mix and bake as usual.
- Guacamole – 1 drop, no more Cilantro oil to guacamole after smashing. Add onion, jalapeno, fresh garlic and organic sea salt to taste.
- Flavored Water – Add 1-3 drops of either Grapefruit, Lemon, Lime, Wild Orange or Citrus blend to your water.
- Pasta Sauce – Dip a toothpick into a bottle of Oregano and stir into sauce. Be very careful Oregano is extremely concentrated.
- Chocolate Dipping Sauce – Add a couple of drops Peppermint, Wild Orange or both to your sauce and dip fresh fruits.
- Whipped Cream – Add Wild Orange, Lemon or serving pumpkin pie add a little doTERRA OnGuard blend for a nice touch.
- Spiced Cider – Warm 4 cups organic unfiltered apple cider and add 2 drops of OnGuard blend for a delicious treat on a cold day.
- Salad Dressing – Combine lemon juice and olive oil about 1/3 lemon to 2/3 olive oil together. Add fresh garlic and 1 drop of either Wild Orange, Basil or Cilantro Essential oil. Unfiltered apple cider vinegar can be used in replacement of lemon juice.
- Stir Fry – Lemongrass is delicious in your stir fried veggies. Add to taste.
- Veggie Dip – Dip fresh organic vegetables in dip made of 1 cup yogurt, minced garlic, lemon, basil, thyme and rosemary oil to taste. Start small, these oils are potent.
- Out of Spices – There are a number of essential oils that can be used on either a regular basis or when you are out of fresh herbs. There is Rosemary, Thyme, Oregano, Cinnamon, Cassia & Basil
- Hot Chocolate – Add a single drop of Peppermint or a drop of Wild Orange for a delightful new taste.
Essential Oils for Personal Care and Beauty
- Lip Balm – Combine coconut oil and beeswax with Wild Orange. Melt it down and pour into empty lip balm containers.
- Calming Shampoo – Use an organic shampoo if possible of your choice, adding 20 drops of Lavender and 20 drops of Peppermint.
- Smooth Skin – Mix 2 Tbls of coconut oil with 5 drops of Grapefruit essential oil, massage into dimpled areas.
- Facial Blemish Wash – Wash face with mixture of Manuka Honey and Melaleuca essential oil.
- Oil Pulling – Mix 1 Tbl of coconut oil with 1 drop of OnGuard blend, swish in mouth for 20 minutes. Do not swallow.
- Sugar or Sea Salt Scrub – Mix 1 cup either organic sugar or Sea Salt with 2 Tbl of Almond Oil and 20 drops of Lavender essential oil.
- Flaky Scalp – Mix 3 drops each of Lavender and Rosemary essential oil in 3 Tbls of coconut oil. Massage into scalp, let sit for 5 minutes and wash as usual.
- Deep Hair Conditioner – Mix 3 Tbl of coconut oil with 10 drops of Sandalwood and 10 drops of Lavender. Massage into hair, cover with a towel or cap and let sit for 1-2 hrs. Wash as usual.
- Heels – 4 Tbls coconut oil with 8 drops of Lavender essential oil added. Store in small container and apply to heels before bed. Socks will be helpful.
- Oily Hair – 10 drops each of Ylang Ylang, Lime and Rosemary mixed with 2 ounces of fractionated coconut oil. Massage into scalp, 2-3 times a week. Wash as usual.
- Age Spots – 20 drops Frankincense in a 15 ML bottle and top off with Fractionated Coconut Oil. Apply to skin morning and night.
- Skin Toner – 8 Oz Witch Hazel and 2 drops each of Lavender, Geranium and Frankincense,
- Lessen Appearance of Stretch Marks – Mix 5-10 drops each of Frankincense, Myrrh and Grapefruit with coconut oil and apply to stretch marks as often as 2-3 times a day.
- Feeling Lethargic – 1 drop each of Peppermint & Frankincense will surely give you an afternoon Pick Me Up.
- Nail Strengthener – Combine 10 drops each of Frankincense, Myrrh and Lemon with 2 TBL of Vitamin E oil. Store in appropriate size EO bottle. Apply to cuticles before bed.
- Stretch Mark Appearance – Massage 5 drops Frankincense combined with quality carrier oil into stretch marks.
- Give Your Skin a Glow – Add a few drops of Lemon oil to a few Tbl of Witch Hazel and and apply with a cotton ball over a clean face.
- Oatmeal Facial Scrub – Put oatmeal in a small jar, add several drops of Lavender essential oil. Add a little water and use as a facial scrub. Smells wonderful, does a great job and it goes a long way. Keep the leftovers in the refrigerator for next time.
- Moisturizer – One of my personal favorites. In small amber bottle combine fractionated coconut (it will not linger on the surface) with 20 drops of Frankincense and 10 drops of Geranium and 10 drops of Sandalwood. Top the bottle off with the coconut oil.
- Hair Growth – Put 1-2 drops of Rosemary on hair brush before brushing hair. To make it smell pretty, add you favorite fragrance of essential oil.
- Hair Loss – In 2 oz fractionated coconut oil, add 3 drops each Rosemary, Lavender and Cedarwood. Massage into scalp well and leave on hair for at least 1 hour. Rinse and wash as usual. Repeat twice a week.
- Oily Hair – Combine 9 drops each Ylang Ylang, Lime and Rosemary with coconut oil. Massage thoroughly into scalp, rinse and wash as usual. Repeat 2-3 times a week.
Essential Oils for Spa & Relaxation
- Occasional Sleeplessness – A drop of Lavender or Serenity blend on your wrists and swipe some across your pillow.
- Quiet the Mind – Vetiver on bottoms of feet.
- Massage Therapy – Add a drop or two to massage oil for added relaxation. Consider Lavender, doTERRA Serenity.
- Relaxation – 2-4 drops of Roman Chamomile, Lavender and Peppermint to temples.
- Rejuvenating Bath – Add Lavender, Sea Salts and Epsom Salt to warm bath and soak to cleanse and rejuvenate.
- Sauna or Steam Shower – Add 2-3 drops of Lavender or Serenity to water.
- Yoga & Pilates – Diffuse Wild Orange throughout session. Add Lavender and water to mister and gently spray throughout the room during relaxation phase.
- Improve Mood – Diffuse Wild Orange, Bergamot or Elevation blend. Apply behind the ears to carry the oils where ever you go.
- Upset Child – Diffuse Wild Orange, the Citrus Blend, or Serenity. Apply a drop in childs palm and let them inhale. They love it!
Essential Oils Natural Healthcare Solutions
- Head Tension – A few drops of Peppermint on the temples, and on the back of the neck can relieve tension. Be careful to avoid the eyes.
- Minor Scrapes – A drop of Lavender will take the ouch out fast.
- Seasonal Discomforts – Dab a very small amount of dilluted Lavender around the orbit of the eye, careful to avoid the eye itself.
- Minor Blemishes – Apply a drop of Lemon essential oil to blemish several times a day to sooth and reduce their appearance. Peppermint is also been known to help.
- Seasonal Discomfort – 2 drops each Lavender, Peppermint and Lemon in a very small amount of water. Put it your mouth, swish around for 30-60 seconds and swallow. It doesn’t taste all that great, but it works. And it is safe even for children. It can also be put into a capsule for a bit of a slower action.
- Minor Skin Irritations – Apply Lavender to the location to relieve discomfort. May be added to a carrier oil to spread easier.
- Uplift Your Mood – Diffuse one of the citrus oils, Wild Orange, Lemon or the Citrus Blend.
- Sensitive Teeth – A drop of Clove essential oil on tooth is an excellent way to calm things down temporarily.
- Occasional Sleeplessness – Peppermint as strange as it sounds may help to send you off to the land of nod.
- Oil Pulling – To a TSP of coconut oil add 1 drop of the Protective Blend. Swish in mouth for 15-20 minutes. Do the dishes, take a shower, vacuum the floor, then go spit it out. Your gums will love you for this.
Travel With Essential Oils
- Hand Cleaner – Small purse or pocket-size squeeze bottle. Fill with Witch Hazel (found at health food store) add 15-20 drops of the OnGuard Blend.
- Tummy Discomfort– Rub Digestzen on the stomach and inhale the vapors from the palm of the hand.
- When Flying or Using Other Commercial Travel – Apply OnGuard Blend to bottoms of feet. Apply the OnGuard Blend to the chest & enjoy a OnGuard Beadlet frequently.
- Travel With Babies & Children – Wild Orange is a favorite, Lavender is nice and the Serenity Blend is excellent to settle them down. Just swipe a small amount across their shirt and rub Serenity on the bottoms of the feet. Other passengers will appreciate it too.
Essential Oils for Dogs
- Separation – Small amount of Lavender on paws or on the ears (do not put drops in the ears).
- Holiday Fears – Vetiver on the ears (not in the ears) and on the paws.
- Fleas – 2 drops DDR Prime Blend and 1 drop Arborvitae in the palm of your hand. Rub hands together and rub all over the fur. Pay attention areas like around the ears, under the tummy. Fleas will run to areas that are untreated, so be sure coverage is through. Drops may be adjusted depending on the size of the dog in order to make coverage complete.
- Tummy Discomfort – 1 – 2 drops of the Digestzen rubbed on the tummy.
- Sooth Joints – The Deep Blue Rub, applied to location. For an extra boost, layer with a a drop of Lemongrass.
- Minor Ouies – Lavender directly to location, 2-3 times a day
- Sooth Skin – Lavender diluted in water, sprayed to affected areas
Essential Oils at School
- Clear the Air – Diffuse the OnGuard Blend
- Change the Mood – Diffuse Wild Orange, Lime or Lemon
- Community Surfaces – Spray solution of doTERRA’s OnGuard Concentrate and water on surfaces and either wipe with a paper towel or let air dry.
- Testing – Diffuse InTune or Rosemary known as the Oil fo Rememberance. Scientifically proven to improve recall.
- Minor Skin Irritatants – Prepare a small spray bottle with water, 10-12 drops of Lavender, 5-6 drops of Peppermint & 5-6 drops of Melaleuca. Just spritz on the location.
- Freshen a Room on a Hot Day – Diffuse Wild Orange and a small amount of Purify.
- Memory – Diffuse Rosemary & Frankincense
- Recall – Diffuse Rosemary & Frankincense
In the Office
- Hand Cleaner – Small squeeze bottle with Witch Hazel and the Protective Blend. Shake before each use.
- Uplift the Mood – Diffuse Wild Orange, Lemon or Lime ( Vanderbilt University Diffuses in their ER, so it is safe, no matter what someone in the office might say)
- Reduce Occasional Stress Levels – Diffuse Wild Orange, Lemon or Lime
- Focus – Apply InTune to the base of the skull.
DSHEA Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure, or prevent any disease.
If you would like help in making healthy choices as you adopt your new healthy lifestyle, please fill out the contact info below.
You may find this helpful too:
Current average ratings.